Employee Assistance Program
An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a counselling and advisory service for employees, and where applicable their families, to seek professional assistance for any personal or work related problem.
Whether an employee’s problems are work related or not, poor mental health or elevated stress levels will generally undermine productivity and workplace cohesion. For the employee concerned unresolved problems can quickly lead to absenteeism, concentration and memory deficits, difficulties making decisions, and interpersonal problems with work colleagues, all which present both individual and organisational risk.
Jobfit offers a short-term and evidence-based counselling and advisory service for employees to seek professional assistance and identify pathways to managing, resolving or solving any personal or work related problems.
As an accessible and aligned partner for organisations to support their HR, WHS, and Health and Wellbeing capabilities, Jobfit provides a tailored and clear value extension of existing internal supports and capabilities. We bring expert resources (all our EAP counsellors are registered as Psychologists) who are researched in best practice and understanding of organisational imperatives. Confidentiality for the individual accessing the service is guaranteed. We are focussed on ensuring both the organisation and the individual benefit from any intervention.
Benefits of our Employee Assistance Program:
- Better work performance from individuals accessing the service
- Less time off work
- Resolution of performance management issues
- Resolution of colleague conflict or dysfunctional relationships
- Less time spent by managers on employees' personal problems
- Higher loyalty recognition for those who have accessed for trauma or for family related issues
- Positive image enhancement of the offering organisation with employees and their families recognising them as a "caring employer".
If you would like to see how an Employee Assistance Program may benefit your organisation, contact us.